Friday, April 15, 2011

Vulture's Roost Progress... Dragons on my mind

The Dragon Room is coming together at last ~ I spent a couple of days trying to get the wall finish just right ~ I did many washes of green and black wash then an ink wash and topped it with a homemade glaze of copper and matte medium ~ I have added my furniture all handmade by myself, the table was a kit I did years ago ~ my lighting so far are battery powered lights from Hobby Builders Supply, I ordered them in January and finally received them 2 weeks ago. The yellow light on the floor by the table is a battery powered cube thing that was in a box of stuff I bought at a yard sale ~ 

Another view of the room ~ I still have more to add as you can see ~ 

Dragon eggs by Nikki Rowe, I am sure if you are reading this you know Nikki and her work. Nikki has created some amazing miniatures, visit her blog Witch and Wizard Miniatures ~ The little guy in the basket is Fido created by Nicky CC , visit Nicky's Dragon blog The Mini Dragon Queen ~ 

The dragon table ~ skull by Nikki Rowe ~ books by Nikki Rowe and Ericka VanHorn ~ scrolls by Dfly Creations ~ dragon embryo by Ericka VanHorn ~
Visit Ericka's blog EV Miniatures and Lorraine's blog Dollhouse Minis by Dfly ~

I want to Thank blog friend Glenda of Peppercorn Minis for offering me all these beautiful dragon things she had collected for a project. Thanks to Glenda I have a dragon room ~

Glenda included these wonderful gifts in my package ~ Glenda makes and sells the little leather journals and  potion bottles in her Etsy shop undancey ~

On to the top floor bedroom on our tour ~ I made a bed for my witches, I still need to dress it. ~

The vampire beds are lined but not dressed yet ~ Thank you to Susan who's blog is Tabitha Corsica for sending me red silk and velvet for the coffins ~

A view of the whole top floor ~ I am making a curtain to hang between the rooms, you can see the hooks I have installed to hold it ~

Well that is all for now ~ I have many other things started for Vulture's Roost and will do a post when I have more done ~

Everyone have a wonderful weekend ~

Mini Hugs
Victoria ❤ 

30 comments:

  1. Wonderful! This is so unlike me but I'm simply speechless!
    Hugs,
    ainie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lainie. I have never done anything like this, my dollhouses have always been conventional. I just always wanted to do a haunted house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH My! Victoria, I LOVE Every bit of it!!!! You have really been busy and the results are GORGEOUS! From your coppery walls to your not-yet decorated Bed you have created a Lovely Dark and richly mysterious atmosphere! I ADORE the dragons! And Lucky you to have the gifts from Glenda.... but obviously they are RIGHT at HOME in your Dragon Room! I LOVE ALL of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria, it looks fabulous! so many things to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. drool!! i says drool!!!! love it all!!! :D Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful project this is!!! I'm working on a dragon tower..so I'm very interested in your dragon room ;-) Love the bed!!! And the coffins are beautiful too! I think the whole project has a magical atmosphere...well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing! The amount of detail work in each room just floors me. I think my favorite is that little dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What can I say except I totally and utterly LOVE it all! Its the finest haunted house Victoria. The walls are perfection, the coffin bookshelf.....i NEED one!! And that bed is so gorgeous I want a full size one just like it! You must be so thrilled with it, I cant stop looking at it and drooling! Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What else to say than amazing, stunning, fantastic... and great to see all that breathtaking work from the other well-known artists combined with your own artistic work. I was lucky to purchase some of Nicky's amazing dragons for my own witch tower project - and it gave me a good laugh that one of her/your dragons is named "Fido". My beary witch has a watchdragon named "Fido", too, I made him last year from a plastic toy dragon (of course he had to meet my brushes and paint for a total makeover). So exciting to see how Vulture's Roost goes on an on to become an outstanding masterpiece.

    Have a nice weekend
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its wonderful Victoria, such lovely minis.

    Lorra Luffies

    Debie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible! Fantastic! And of course I want to see more!:D Great work Victoria:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Victoria. I can't believe I missed this when you posted it. Amazing! Your dream is really coming together. :-) I'm loving what you have done. I'm a huge fan of controlled clutter in a roombox cause it makes it looked lived in and you have really done that well. WOOHOO!!

    LOVE IT!! Let me send you my address so you can just box it all up and get it in the post. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh victoria, it looks really good! Love it!!
    The coffin bookcase is very cool; will have to finish my half scale one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's looking so good, Victoria. I love the witch's bed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love all the dragonalia. Your rooms look superb. I also think the texture and colours on the walls is superb. Cant wait to see it as it progresses further.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is utterly fabulous...it's magnificent! I LOVE the walls, they are outstanding and the first thing I noticed, especially the main living room! :o)) The coffins have turned out equally fabulous and I love them too! So much to see overall!

    An outstanding project and wish it were mine! :o)))

    Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truky inspired! Stupendous! Your best work yet! Vic, I think you can be really proud of what you have done! I love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you guys! I will do another update at the end of April :) Working on lots of new things.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I keep clicking the pictures to blow them up and study- incredible!!! There is such a richness to this house Victoria-you have done such a wonderful job so far!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. victoria, this is AMAZING work! Love how everything belongs in the right place!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks wonderful I love the coffins!! and the bed too Love it all

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is just too cool.. it is all coming along wonderfully. I don't check other blogs as much as I should. But I love your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  23. The details are great. I especially love the wall color; a perfect shade of copper to complement the dark wood. The vampire beds are fantastic! I can't wait to see how you finish them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have several EV Miniatures too including a dragon embryo :) Ericka is one of the best! I think she was the reason I felt miniatures could truly be art and not just playthings. Very inspiring! Your rooms are fabulous by the way! Love those coffins :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I just found your blog and I have to say it's amazing! I love what you've done with this room and that you made all the furniture yourself!
    It's just so wonderful, everything about these rooms is amazing!
    I especially love the fireplace and the greek inspired end table. Is the end table made from wood or from something else?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much! The greek column table is an item I always have in my etsy shop, the link is on my blog here. They are made from plastic with wood tops and aged to look like antiques.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete